Rescuing the hijacked “Landshut” aircraft on October 18, 1977 in Mogadishu made the German GSG 9 (Grenzschutzgruppe 9) special forces world-famous. Just as legendary as the reputation of the anti-terrorism unit of the German federal police is the diving watch that their maritime unit wears during its missions.
Together with GSG 9, we developed the EZM 2 mission timer in the mid-1990s. This timepiece met the special functional requirements of the divers exactly and incorporated the successful features of the 403 HYDRO diving watch. Now this service watch has a worthy successor that can be purchased by anyone: the UX GSG 9 (EZM 2B) diving watch.
The diving watch incorporates proven features such as the HYDRO Technology for perfect readability even under water and freedom from reflection at any angle, a large black dial with white hands and 5-minute indices, especially visible at 12 o'clock (mission timer design), a case made of seawater-resistant submarine steel and a captive diver's bezel with TEGIMENT Technology. The position of the crown at 10 o'clock to prevent pressure on the back of the hand is a feature, as is the "GSG 9" logo on the dial.
- Completely made of high-strength seawater-resistant German Submarine Steel
- Tested based on European diving equipment standards and certified by DNV GL
- Official service watch of the German GSG 9 special forces
- Thanks HYDRO Technology for perfect readability even under water and freedom from reflection at any angle and completely free from fogging
- Bezel with TEGIMENT Technology and therefore especially scratch-resistant
- Functionally reliable from –20 °C up to +60 °C
- High-precision quartz movement, temperature compensated
- Captive diver's bezel with minute ratcheting
- Crown on the left side of the case to prevent pressure on the back of the hand
- Mission timer design for optimal readability
- Sapphire crystal glass
- Pressure-resistance of the movement up to 5,000 m diving depth (= 500 bar) and of the case up to 12,000 m diving depth (= 1,200 bar), certified by DNV GL
- Low pressure resistant
Sinn - UX GSG 9 (EZM 2B) - Black Leather Strap Options - 403.031
- ETA 955.652
- High-precision quartz movement
- Temperature compensated
- 7 bearing jewels
- Seconds stop function
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309