With the diving watch U1, Sinn engineers succeeded in developing a diving watch in which the quality of material and design gives it superior resistance to external influences under extreme conditions of use.
In their search for a steel with the desired resistance, the Sinn engineers found what they were looking for at the German submarine manufacturer ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems: the steel manufacturers supply small quantities of the original steel of the current German submarine production exclusively to Sinn for making diving watches — the very steel of which the external hulls of the German Navy's new submarine class 212, which currently represents the most advanced non-nuclear submarines in the world, are made. This original submarine steel is not only extraordinarily seawater-resistant but is also of the highest non-magnetic quality without any residual magnetism.
To ensure reliably that the rotating bezel of the diving watch does not detach under harsh impacts, it is attached as a captive bezel to the central part of the case.
The water-resistance and pressure resistance of 100 bar (= 1000 m water depth) was certified for the diving watch U1 by DNV GL. The safety test pressure used for this purpose was 125 bar.
- TEGIMENT option:
The case also features TEGIMENT Technology, making it especially scratch-resistant. If you choose a silicone strap, the design of the clasp will also be on a TEGIMENT Technology basis. If you decide to go for a solid bracelet, this also features TEGIMENT Technology.
- Case and crown made of high-strength, seawater-resistant German Submarine Steel
- Case made with TEGIMENT Technology and therefore especially scratch-resistant
- Bezel with Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis
- Diameter of case: 44 mm
- Tested based on European diving equipment standards and certified by DNV GL
- Captive diver's bezel with minute ratcheting
- Crown at 4 o'clock to prevent pressure on the back of the hand
- Sapphire crystal glass
- Waterproof and pressure-resistant to 1,000 m diving depth (= 100 bar), certified by DNV GL
- Low pressure resistant
Sinn - U1 SDR with TEGIMENT - Brown Leather Strap options -1010.050
- SW 200-1
- Self-winding mechanism
- 26 bearing jewels
- 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
- Seconds stop function
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309