The EZM 10 TESTAF was the first watch worldwide that has been tested and certified to the Technical Standard for Pilot Watches (TESTAF) by the Aachen University of Applied Sciences. This guarantees that the EZM 10 TESTAF meets all time measurement requirements during flights operated under visual flight rules (VFR) and instrument flight rules (IFR) and that it is suitable for professional use as a pilot watch. This is attested to by a certificate and the TESTAF quality seal on the dial.
The declared aim in designing the EZM 10 TESTAF was to create a mission timer which meets all the requirements of a professional pilot watch in full.
If pilots decide to use a mechanical watch, its clear readability is of outstanding importance. As a consequence, at the heart of this chronograph is the SINN SZ01 movement which greatly facilitates the taking of stop times. Because the SZ01 is designed so that the watch can feature a centre-mounted, jump 60-minute stopwatch hand. This special technical feature yields two benefits: firstly, 60 minutes are now counted in one sweep of the hand instead of the usual 30 minutes, and secondly, the minute stop scale covers the entire diameter of the dial meaning that the measured times can be read off immediately.
The chronograph function displays (stop second and stop minute) are luminous meaning that the stopped and the current time remain perfectly visible even in the dark. This means that the EZM 10 TESTAF fulfils a key condition for IFR and VFR certification. The function is complemented by a backwards-counting pilot's bezel with minute ratcheting which features luminous indices, numerals and main marker. As in all of our pilot watches, this rotating bezel is captively linked to the case and has a luxury feature: the ring insert is made from high-grade sapphire crystal glass. However it is not only the clear readability which qualifies the EZM 10 TESTAF as a pilot watch, but also its extensive range of technological features.
The EZM 10 TESTAF has an impressive appearance yet is also a pleasure to wear - not least due to its bead blasted high-strength titanium case featuring TEGIMENT Technology. The EZM 10 TESTAF is therefore a striking pilot watch which delivers high performance while remaining suitable for daily use.
The Aachen University of Applied Sciences has compiled a full set of information on TESTAF at www.testaf.org.
- Tested and certified to the Technical Standard for Pilot Watches (TESTAF) by the Aachen University of Applied Sciences
- Sinn SZ01 chronogaph movement
- 60-minute stop function from the dial centre
- 24-hour display
- Case made of titanium, bead-blasted
- Case made with TEGIMENT Technology and therefore especially scratch-resistant
- DIAPAL – the lubricant-free anchor escapement
- Ar-Dehumidifying Technology enhances functional reliability and freedom from fogging
- Functionally reliable from –45 °C up to +80°C
- Sapphire crystal glass
- Push-pieces with Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis
- Captive pilot’s bezel with minute ratcheting and sapphire glass insert
- Waterproof and pressure-resistant to 20 bar
- Low pressure resistant
- Mission timer design for optimal readability
- 5 years guarantee
Sinn - EZM10 TESTAF - Strap options - 950.011
- SINN Movement SZ01
- Self-winding mechanism
- 29 bearing jewels
- 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
- Seconds stop function
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309